Creamy horseradish scallops is a delicious, easy and quick one-pan recipe for a healthy whole food diet. Sweet peppers, mushrooms and a splash of cream keep the horseradish flavor mild while brussels sprouts, garlic and olive oil add lots of nutrition and fiber.
1 Tablespoon grass-fed butter 2 Tablespoons extra virgin unfiltered olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup brussels sprouts, quartered 1 cup medium cremini or other mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup red and/or yellow bell pepper, 1/2″ diced 1/2 cup celery, 1/4″ sliced
8-10 sea scallops per serving, muscle removed 1 ounce dry vermouth
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon fresh horseradish sauce 3 Tablespoons grass-fed heavy cream
1. Heat the butter and oil in a heavy pan over a medium stove burner. Add all of the vegetables, the salt and the black pepper.
2. Sautee, stirring frequently, until just starting to brown and the brussels sprouts are almost tender.
3. Add the scallops and cook another two minutes.
4. Add the vermouth and cook one minute
5. Add the horseradish and cream, stir well for one minute and remove from heat.
6. Let stand one minute and serve. The sauce is quite thin.
Creamy horseradish scallops are excellent with roasted spaghetti squash, rice, barley or pasta, which will take on the flavor of the sauce. A raw vegetable, such as tomato wedges, carrot sticks or cucumber slices will really set off the tangy sweetness of the scallop sauce.